There are many different types of tiles available, each with its own unique properties and uses. Here are the some of the most common types of tiles flooring and wall application.
- Ceramic tiles: Made from clay and fired at high temperatures, ceramic tiles come in a wide range of colors, patterns, and sizes. They are durable and easy to maintain. Ceramic tiles are perfect for adding a pop of color to any room.
- Porcelain Tiles: Similar to ceramic tiles but denser and more durable, porcelain tiles come in a wide range of colors, patterns, and sizes. They are perfect for high-traffic areas like hallways and entryways.
- Vitrified Tiles: Made by fusing clay and silica at high temperatures, vitrified tiles are non-porous and have a glass-like finish. They are durable and easy to maintain. Vitrified tiles are perfect for modern homes with a sleek design.
- Glass Tiles: Made from glass and available in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes, glass tiles can be used for both flooring and wall applications. They add a touch of elegance to any room.
- Natural Stone Tiles: These include marble, granite, slate, limestone, and travertine. They come in a variety of colors and patterns. Natural stone tiles are durable but require regular maintenance. They add a touch of luxury to any room.
- Cement Tiles: are made of cement and sand mixture, hence they are low cost. Available in the shape of pavers or blocks typically used in heavy-duty outdoor applications. They come in a variety of solid colors and are durable and easy to maintain.