Dr. Fixit Bitufix 196 is used for providing damp proofing for below ground concrete structures which are above the water table. The coating is also used as a moisture vapor barrier on block works and concrete surfaces prior to cladding. This can also be used as the protective coating for built- up roofing systems along with fabric.
Dr. Fixit Bitufix applications
- used to provide damp proofing for below-ground concrete structures
- used on block works and concrete surfaces prior to cladding to provide damp proofing
- used as a protective coating for built-up roofing systems along with fabric.
- Resists the attack of salts like chlorides and sulphates that are present in the soil.
- Easy to apply
- Cold applied
- Adheres to concrete
- Can be applied in closed or confined spaces
- Available in 5 Ltr & 20 Ltr package
How to Use #
- Step 1: Clean & Repair the surface for contaminants like dust, traces of curing compound, oil and grease. Repair Structurally unsound and friable concrete must be removed / repaired.
- Step 2: PRIMING is optional, but recommended, priming coat penetrates into the concrete pores and seals the substrate. The primer coat can be made in the site by diluting the same bitumen emulsion with 20% water. The primer may be applied by a brush, roller or airless spray. Allow the primer to dry before any further coats are applied.
- Step 3: 1st Coat Apply the 1st coat, and let it fully dry.
- Step 4: 2st Coat Apply the 2nd coat in a direction perpendicular to the 1st coat.
Note: Use be between 5°C to 55°C, Stir the contents of the drum thoroughly prior to application.
Dr. Fixit Bitufix 196 Material Estimator ⏵